Monday 9 September 2013

Mamma Mia!

Bostonians are known for their love of a good debate and a little controversy. The Tea Party they threw for us Brits in December 1773 is a fine example. On a walking tour yesterday my guide told me that the city is currently divided on another matter - who serves the best cannoli in town. The two main contenders are Mike’s Pastry and Modern Pastry both in Hanover Street, ‘Little Italy’. I saw tourists opting for one or the other depending on which guidebook they had in their hand. Being a conscientious journalist I bought one of these Sicilian pastries from each store, then devoured the pair. Which was my winner? Hands down Modern’s. Crunchy pastry crisp right to the centre, dusted with sugar and filled with a super-creamy filling that wasn’t too sweet. Another fact-finding mission completed for the common good.

1 comment:

  1. Great article and pictures! Boston is one of my very fave cities and I cannot wait to get back after reading your post!

    ReplyDelete